Gitarre Nahaufnahme Seiten

Study Abroad/Erasmus

Study Abroad/Erasmus

Here you can find all informations about Erasmus and Study Abroad

All KUG students after a certain period of study are eligible to participate in the Erasmus Program. Students in a Bachelor program are welcome to participate after their third semester at the KUG, while students in a Master program are able to after their second semester here. The duration for a study abroad can be between three and twelve months. Students who are planning to studying abroad for one or two semesters must first send in a completed application to the Office of International Relations (Abteilung für Internationale Beziehungen), as well as to the Dean of Studies (Studiendekanat), in the academic year preceding the study abroad.


Please note all of the deadlines that are prescribed by the Dean of Studies, as well as the instruction pamphlet of the OeaD!


Required documents for the Erasmus+ application include:

1. Basic Student Information(1 Seite)
2. Student Application Form (4 Seiten)
3. KUG Learning Agreement for Studies (12 Seiten)
4. Curriculum Vitae
5. Letter of Motivation
6. CD or DVD proving artistic merit
7. Official proof of examination scores (for Musicology and IEM Students, each participant receives a country-specific grant).

Further information can be found on the website of the Office of International Relations, as well as on our checklists.

Incoming students that have to register, should enroll within three working days with KUG. In addition to this, they have to fill and register for a Meldezettel & Anmeldebescheinigung (careful: Two different things!):


  • Registration with the city of Graz (Meldezettel): All students have to register with the city of Graz within the first 3 days of their stay.

- complete the form (Meldezettel) and sign it
- have the dorm administration/or your landlord sign it as well
- go with your passport to the following address: Service Center of city of Graz (Schmiedgasse 26)
- you will then receive your “Meldebestätigung" (confirmation of registration with the city of Graz)


  • Confirmation of Registration (Anmeldebescheinigung):

- complete the form and sign it
- citizens from EU member states and Switzerland do not have to apply for a visa or residence permit. They need a valid travel document (passport) for their entry to Austria. However, if you plan to stay in Austria longer than 3 months, you need a so-called “Anmeldebescheinigung” (confirmation of registration). You can apply for it after your arrival in Graz. The process must be completed within the first 4 months of your stay (if not completed
you could get a fee up to 726 Euros!).
- Non-EU/EEA students staying for two semesters are allowed to enter Austria for three months without the need for a visa. They can apply for a residence permit after arrival in Graz. If your country is not on this list you will have applied for the residence permit via the Austrian embassy in your home country, will have entered with a visa and can go to pick up your residence permit from the residence permit office in Graz:
Paulustorgasse 4, 8010 Graz
Tel.: 0316/877-2089
Opening hours: Mo-Fr 08.00-12.30 Uhr


  • Medical Assistance & Health Insurance:

- EU students can use their E-Cards from their home countries as they are also valid in Austria.
- ALL ISEP-students (1 and 2 semester stays) must register for Austrian health insurance.
- All Non-EU/EEA students nominated for 2 semesters have to register for the Austrian health insurance

„Gebietskrankenkasse“ – GKK Josef-Pongratz Platz 1, 8010 Graz
Tel.: +43/(0)316/8035-0


  • Other useful Links:

- You can find more Infos about Graz and your stay here and here !

- Erasmus Student Network Graz